2015 Orientation Dates
Summer 2015 Session:
- Thursday, June 11, 2015 (traditional, non-traditional, and transfer students)
Fall 2015 Sessions:
Traditional Freshman Sessions
- Thursday, June 25, 2015- Friday, June 26, 2015 (at capacity; closed)
- Thursday, July 9, 2015- Friday, July 10, 2015 (River Park campus- College of the Arts students)
- Monday, July 20, 2015- Tuesday, July 21, 2015 (at capacity; closed)
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015- Wednesday, July 29, 2015
- Monday, August 10, 2015- Tuesday, August 11, 2015(non-overnight)
*Students planning to study within the College of the Arts (art, music, theatre, or communication) are highly encouraged to attend the July 9-10 session at RiverPark.
Non-Traditional- Adult Learners and Transfer Student Sessions
- Tuesday, July 21, 2015 (at capacity; closed)
- Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Registration for ROAR Orientation is now open!
As a new Cougar, you'll be required to experience our ROAR program before you can attend classes. The ROAR (Recruitment, Orientation, Advisement, Registration) program is designed to help ease the transition from high school to college as well as prepare parents for their student's new journey. ROAR provides students and parents with information on all services CSU has to offer, as well as their first advising and registration session for their classes. Below are the descriptions of the programs that we offer. Please review and select the one that best fits your enrollment status.
* All communication for ROAR Orientation is sent to the student's Columbus State University email account.
ROAR Orientation, What you need to know!
TRADITIONAL FRESHMAN: At your two-day ROAR session, you will be placed in a small group with an Orientation Leader who will lead you through your first day of activities. You will learn about campus resources and learn key tips on how to succeed during your college journey. Day two activities include meeting with your advisor and registering for classes. There are five sessions to choose from, all with students staying overnight in the dorms except August 10-11.
NON-TRADITIONAL AND TRANSFER STUDENTS: At your one-day ROAR session, you will learn about campus resources and services, as well as meet with your academic advisor in order to register for your first semester. There are two sessions for you to choose from. For those students transferring in with more than 30 hours, please see our website for the Online Orientation.
TRANSFER STUDENTS WITH OVER 30 HOURS: Students transferring in who have completed thirty or more hours should take the Transfer Student on-line orientation.
GRADUATE STUDENTS : Sign up for the Graduate Student on-line orientation.
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Please contact Ameena Clark at 706-507-8805 or Clark_Ameena@ColumbusState.edu, or Latrina Brooks at 706-507-8825 or email@example.com.
DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS : Dual Enrollment students are exempt from attending ROAR Orientation.
PARENTS AND FAMILIES: It is very likely that your parents and family will have questions, and much of the information you receive will be helpful to them. We encourage parents and guests to attend our Parent Program (for students attending any freshman session), which will give them an in-depth look into the University and help answer any questions they may have.
Registration and Payment Information
To Register for your ROAR session: *Payment is required at the time you choose your date to complete registration*
- Select the "Register NOW" link on the left navigation. Next, choose your student type, then choose the date of the session you wish to attend. Click "register for this session." Input your 909, birth date and term and click submit. You will be prompted choose your Orientation session at that time. After you choose a session, you will be brought to a confirmation screen and will need to click pay now to complete the process.
- Please pay with your credit/debit card only. Your registration for ROAR is a two step process and you are not registered for your session until you have paid.
If you have questions about registration please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706.507.8593.
There are no refunds for the ROAR Orientation program.
Preference Survey: Get your classes early!
As you sign up for ROAR, please also complete the preference survey and choose what courses you would like to take for your first semester!
Follow the directions below and you will have a schedule built for you once you arrive at ROAR for your orientation session.
Signing up for courses is easy!
Step 1 - Sign on to CougarNet
Step 2 - Choose the Enrollment Services tab
Step 3 - View the Student Records and Personal Information section
Step 4 - Choose the Preference Survey option at the bottom
Step 5 - Complete the Survey
Step 6 - You will receive your schedule at Orientation and can make changes if necessary