As a new Cougar, you'll be required to experience our ROAR program before you can attend classes. The ROAR (Recruitment, Orientation, Advisement, Registration) program is designed to help ease the transition from high school to college as well as prepare parents for their student's new journey. ROAR provides students and parents with information on all services CSU has to offer, as well as their first advising and registration session for their classes. Below are the descriptions of the programs that we offer. Please review and select the one that best fits your enrollment status.
ROAR Orientation, What you need to know!
TRADITIONAL FRESHMAN: At your two-day ROAR session, you will be placed in a small group with an Orientation Leader who will lead you through your first day of activities. You will learn about campus resources and learn key tips on how to succeed during your college journey. Day two activities include meeting with your advisor and registering for classes. There are six sessions to choose from, all with students staying overnight in the dorms except August 11-12.
NON-TRADITIONAL AND TRANSFER STUDENTS: At your one-day ROAR session, you will learn about campus resources and services. After lunch you will meet with your advisor and register for classes. There are two sessions for you to choose from. For those students transferring in with more than 30 hours, please see our website for the online Orientation.
TRANSFER STUDENTS WITH OVER 30 HOURS: Students transferring in who have completed thirty or more hours should take the Transfer Student on-line orientation.
GRADUATE STUDENTS : Sign up for the Graduate Student on-line orientation.
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Please contact Melissa House at 706-507-8805 or House_Melissa@ColumbusState.edu
PARENTS AND FAMILIES: It is very likely that your parents and family will have questions, and much of the information you receive will be helpful to them. We encourage parents and guests to attend our Parent Program (for students attending any freshman session), which will give them an in-depth look into the University and help answer any questions they may have.
Are you a parent or guest attending the June 26-27 ROAR Session? We have an opportunity for parents to stay in our Residence Halls for a low rate of $50 per room (each room has 2 twin beds). Please register yourself for your ROAR session with your student first (through this site) and visit Residence Life to sign up for this overnight, dorm experience!
Registration and Payment Information
Summer (Traditional Freshman, Transfer and Non-Traditional Freshman)
- June 12
Traditional Freshman (all sessions are overnight except August 11-12)
- June 23-24 (Monday-Tuesday)
- June 26-27 (Thursday-Friday)
- July 10-11 (Thursday-Friday, RiverPark Campus)
- July 14-15 (Monday-Tuesday)
- July 29-30 (Tuesday-Wednesday)
- August 11-12 (Non overnight, Monday-Tuesday)
Non-Traditional students and Transfer students under 30 hours
- June 27 (Friday)
- July 15 (Tuesday)
- August 12 (Tuesday)
To Register for your ROAR session: *Payment is required at the time you choose your date to complete registration*
- Select the "Register NOW" link on the left navigation. Next, choose your student type, then choose the date of the session you wish to attend. Click "register for this session." Input your 909, birth date and term and click submit. You will be prompted choose your Orientation session at that time. After you choose a session, you will be brought to a confirmation screen and will need to click pay now to complete the process.
- Please pay with your credit/debit card only. Your registration for ROAR is a two step process and you are not registered for your session until you have paid.
If you have questions about registration please contact us at email@example.com or 706.507.8593
There are no refunds for ROAR.