Traditional Student Orientation
Orientation Registration is currently closed;
Spring Admit Student Orientation information will be available soon!
Welcome to the Traditional Student Orientation. If you are a Freshman, please read and thoroughly follow the steps below to register. All students are required to attend a ROAR session prior to enrolling in classes.
Once you have completed all required ROAR components, your academic advisor will then advise you on which classes to take during your first semester.
The ROAR Orientation program is assisted by current Columbus State University students who serve as a great liaison for our campus community.
Starting Classes Summer 2021 & Fall 2021
How to Register for New Student ROAR Orientation:
- Step 1. On MyCSU, under Student Records, click on ‘Advising Survey‘. Once the advising survey
is complete, your advisor will create your first semester schedule. You will confirm
your schedule with your advisor at the ROAR. Orientation In-Person Session!
- Step 2. Log into your MyCSU and click ‘Orientation‘ under Student Records. When prompted,
select the term you are entering CSU “Summer 2021 or Fall 2021”. You can also click
on “Register Now” below to complete your registration.
- Step 3. Complete the registration process. Choose one of the ROAR Orientation Sessions.
At the end of the registration process, you will be redirected for payment. Call 706-507-8593 if you have trouble registering for ROAR. ROAR Roundup Registration Fee: $50/Student.
- Step 4. Click on CougarView, located on MyCSU and find the ‘Traditional Freshman Online
Orientation‘ Course. Select the course to access the modules! After April 5, you may have access to the course two business days following a successful registration and payment.
- Step 5. Click on content. Complete all five modules. The ‘Traditional Freshman Online Orientation‘ modules will take you no more than 1 hour to complete.
If you need assistance, please contact us at 706-507-8593.
Please Note: There are no refunds for the ROAR Orientation Program after registration and payment have been submitted.