ROAR Orientation Registration
The ROAR Online Orientation is MANDATORY for all incoming students. Students MUST complete the ROAR Online Orientation in order to successfully register for classes. Please refer to the information below to see who is required to take the ROAR Online Orientation:
- Freshman ROAR is for all first year traditional students (those who are no more than 5 years out of high school and have never attended college).
- Non-Traditional and Transfer ROAR is for those students who have been out of high school for more than 5 years or those transferring from another institution with less than thirty hours.
- Students transferring to CSU who have completed thirty or more hours should take the Transfer Student online orientation.
- Dual Enrolled Students who have completed high school and are entering Columbus State University full time with less than thirty hours should attend the Traditional Student orientation. Students who have completed thirty or more hoursshould take the Transfer Student online orientation.
- Graduate Students should sign up for the Graduate Student online orientation.
- Active Duty Military and Veterans - You must complete the military enrollment online orientation. Questions? Please contact 706-507-8866 or Veterans_Affairs@columbusstate.edu.
*ALL communication for ROAR Orientation is sent to the student's Columbus State University email account.*
Starting Classes Spring 2020: Tuesday, January 14: traditional, non-traditional, and transfer students
Starting Classes Summer 2020 &Starting Classes Fall 2020:
Along with CougarView, Virtual sessions from various CSU's departments will be provided through the summer as supplemental activities. These include but are not limited to Advising & Registration, Student Panels, Study Abroad, etc.
Follow these steps to complete the ROAR Online Orientation:
- Register below
- Register for ROAR Online Orientation
- Pay Orientation Registration Fee
- You will be given access to CougarView within 48 of registration and payment.Log into MyCSU
- Please note Online Orientation will become available starting June 1st.
- Click on CougarView
- Complete the Online Orientation. Please note Online Orientation will become available starting June 1st.
- Download the Guidebook App by mid-May and search Columbus State University 2020 Guide to check out the summer virtual sessions schedule from different departments.
- Using Guidebook, you can connect with other incoming students and Orientation Leaders
- Your Orientation Leader, will introduce themselves to you and help you navigate the 2020 ROAR Online Orientation.
- For any questions, give us a call at 706-507-8590 or email us at Orientation@ColumbusState.edu and we will help you answer all your questions!
Following the guidance from the Governor's Coronavirus Task Force, the Georgia Department
of Public Health, and The University System of Georgia, Columbus State University
will cancel all first year mandatory in-person ROAR Orientation Session scheduled
from May 29 - July 30th. Instead, all first-year mandatory ROAR Sessions will be administered
asynchronously through CSU's Learning Management System, CougarView.
Virtual sessions from various CSU's departments will be provided through the summer as supplemental activities. These include but are not limited to Advising & Registration, Student Panels, Study Abroad, etc.
Registration and Payment Information
Registration and Payment Information
To Register for your ROAR session: *Payment is required at the time you choose your date to complete registration*
Online Orientation cost is $25.00 per student.
*No refunds are issued for ROAR Online Orientation.*
In the registration section, choose your student type, input your 909, birth date and term and then select the date of the session from the available list. Click "submit and pay." After you have chosen a session, you will be directed to the payment site where you will input your 909 and payment information.
Please pay with your credit/debit card only. Your registration for ROAR is not complete
until you have paid and receive a confirmation email.
If you have questions about registration please contact us at or 706-507-8593.
PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds for the ROAR Online Orientation program.