Traditional Student Orientation
Welcome to the Traditional Student Orientation. If you are a Freshmen, Non-Traditional or Transfer student with less than 30 credit hours, please read and thoroughly follow the steps below to register. All students are required to attend a ROAR session prior to enrolling in classes.
Once you have completed all required ROAR components, your academic advisor will then advise you on which classes to take during your first semester.
The ROAR Orientation program is assisted by current Columbus State University students who serve as a great liaison for our campus community.
Starting Classes Summer 2021 & Fall 2021
How to Register for New Student ROAR Orientation:
- Step 1. On MyCSU, under Student Records, click on ‘Advising Survey‘. Once the advising survey
is complete, your advisor will create your first semester schedule. You will confirm
your schedule with your advisor at the ROAR. Orientation In-Person Session!
- Step 2. Log into your MyCSU and click ‘Orientation‘ under Student Records. When prompted,
select the term you are entering CSU “Summer 2021 or Fall 2021”. You can also click
on “Register Now” below to complete your registration.
- Step 3. Complete the registration process. Choose one of the ROAR Orientation In-Person Sessions. Please pay close attention to the start and end time.
(Please note that two of the ROAR sessions (July 8 and July 27) includes ROAR+, an overnight stay with additional interactive experiences.)
At the end of the registration process, you will be redirected for payment. Call 706-507-8593 if you have trouble registering for ROAR. ROAR Registration Fee: $85/Student; $50/Guest.
- Step 4. Closer to the Orientation Session date, registrants will have access to the Pre-Orientation
Modules to be completed prior to the scheduled Orientation In-Person Session. The Pre-Orientation Modules will be available April 5.
- Step 5. Click on CougarView, located on MyCSU and find the ‘Traditional Freshman Online
Orientation‘ Course. Select the course to access the modules! After April 5, you may have access to the course two business days following a successful registration and payment.
- Step 6. Click on content. Complete all five modules. The ‘Traditional Freshman Online Orientation‘ modules
will take you no more than 1 hour to complete.
- Step 7. On your ROAR Orientation In-Person session date, please arrive on time for check in. Remember you MUST:
- Complete the Advising Survey.
- Complete the COVID-19 Check in form 24 hours prior to your session. Sent to your CSU email account.
- Attend your scheduled ROAR. Orientation In-Person Session.
- Complete the ‘Traditional Freshman Online Orientation‘ modules to register for classes.
- Step 8. If you need assistance, please contact us at 706-507-8593.
Please Note: There are no refunds for the ROAR Orientation Program after registration and payment have been submitted.
Are you ready to ROAR? Check-In will take place from 7:00 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. at the
Breakfast and Lunch are provided for students and guests.
For a detailed schedule, download and view the Guidebook (search for "ROAR Orientation 2021–2022").
ROAR 2021 Orientation Dates
- Thursday, June 10 RIVERPARK SESSION - Registration CLOSED
- Tuesday, June 15 - Registration CLOSED
- Thursday, June 24 - Registration CLOSED
- Wednesday July 7–8 RIVERPARK SESSION - Few Spots Open
- Tuesday, July 20 - Registration OPEN
- Saturday, July 24 - Few Spots Open
- Monday, July 26–27 - Few Spots OPEN
- Thursday, July 29 - Registration OPEN
- Tuesday, August 3 - Registration OPEN
- Friday, August 6 - Registration OPEN