Nontraditional and Transfer Students
All students are required to attend a ROAR session prior to enrolling in classes. ROAR sessions are led by current Columbus State students who will be a great resource for you to ask questions of and show you what it means to be a CSU student!
You will also be able to sit down with your academic advisor, who will advise you on which classes to take during your first semester. You will then be able to register for classes and leave ROAR with a class schedule!
Starting Classes Summer 2020 & Starting Classes Fall 2020:
Along with CougarView, Virtual sessions from various CSU's departments will be provided through the summer as supplemental activities. These include but are not limited to Advising & Registration, Student Panels, Study Abroad, etc. Click Here to receive updates from our office.
Follow these steps to complete the ROAR Online Orientation:
- Register for ROAR Online Orientation
- Pay Orientation Registration Fee
- You will be given access to CougarView within 48 of registration and payment.
- Please note Online Orientation will become available starting June 1st.
- Click on CougarView
- Complete the Online Orientation. Please note Online Orientation will become available starting June 1st.
- Download the Guidebook App by mid-May and search Columbus State University 2020 Guide to check out the summer virtual sessions schedule from different departments.
- Using Guidebook, you can connect with other incoming students and Orientation Leaders
- Your Orientation Leader, will introduce themselves to you and help you navigate the 2020 ROAR Online Orientation.
- For any questions, give us a call at 706-507-8590 or email us at Orientation@ColumbusState.edu and we will help you answer all your questions!
Who should attend?
The Online Orientation are for students who start courses in Summer or Fall 2020 and are entering as a transfer students with under 30 hours, or a non traditional student (you have been out of high school for at least 5 years or you have a child)
For Transfer Students over 30 Credit Hours - complete the online Transfer Orientation
You will be given access to CougarView within 48 of registration and payment.
Please note Online Orientation will become available starting June 1st.
Online Orientation will become available starting June 1st.
The cost is $25.00 per student
*No refunds are issued for ROAR Orientation.*
Before you arrive:
Please make sure to check your MyCSU account for any missing forms (Immunization Forms, Transcripts, Lawful Presence , etc.) that could delay your class registration.
What to bring:
Check out our "What to bring" tab on our Guidebook app starting May 15th