Non-Traditional Student Orientation
Welcome to the Non-Traditional Student Orientation!
Non-Traditional student, defined as: Students who have been out of high school for more than 5 years or those transferring
from another institution with less than thirty hours, please read and thoroughly follow the steps below to register.
All students are required to attend a Non-Traditional Orientation session prior to enrolling in classes.
Once you have completed all required ROAR Orientation components and have attended your scheduled session, your academic advisor will then advise you on which classes to take during your first semester.
The ROAR Orientation program is assisted by current Columbus State University students who serve as a great liaison for our campus community.
Starting Classes Summer 2021 & Fall 2021
How to Register for Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation:
- Step 1. On MyCSU, under Student Records, click on ‘Advising Survey‘. Once the advising survey
is complete, your advisor will create your first semester schedule. You will confirm
your schedule with your advisor at the Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation Session!
- Step 2. Log into your MyCSU and click ‘Orientation‘ under Student Records. When prompted,
select the term you are entering CSU “Fall 2021”. You can also click on “Register
Now” below to complete your registration.
- Step 3. Complete the registration process. Choose one of the two Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation Sessions available. These sessions are fully online. Once you have register for a specific Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation Session, a Zoom link will be sent to you a week prior to the
scheduled session. Non-Traditional Students may choose to attend an in-person Traditional Freshman session.
In-Person Orientation session registration fee is $85/Student.
- Step 4. At the end of the registration process, you will be redirected for payment. Call
706-507-8593 if you have trouble registering for ROARRegistration Fee: $50/student.
- Step 5. Closer to the Orientation Session date, registrants will have access to the Online
Orientation Modules to be completed prior to the scheduled Orientation Session. The Online Orientation Modules will be available April 5.
- Step 6. Click on CougarView, located on MyCSU and find the ‘Non-Traditional & Transfer Online
Orientation‘ modules. Select the course to access the modules! After April 5, you may have access to the course two business days following a successful registration and payment.
- Step 7. Click on content. Complete all five modules. The ‘Non-Traditional & Transfer Online Orientation‘ modules
will take you no more than 1 hour to complete.
- Step 8. On your ROAR Orientation session date, please arrive on time for check in.
Remember you MUST:
- Complete the Advising Survey.
- Complete the ‘Non-Traditional & Transfer Online Orientation‘ modules.
- Attend your scheduled Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation Session.
If you need assistance, please contact us at 706-507-8593.
Please Note: There are no refunds for the ROAR Orientation Program after registration and payment have been submitted.